Skip to main content

Creative Lesson Planning

I enjoyed listening to each presentation this week.  Sometimes I find myself in a writer's block when it comes to thinking of creative ways to teach my content to students.  I appreciated the chance to hear how other future teachers used reading strategies in their lessons because I am always looking for new and different ways to engage students through reading. 

I am a visual learner, so I always try to put in as many visual aspects as I can.  Susan's presentation on frogs was really interesting to me and kept my attention.  I think it was because of all the well thought out visual elements throughout her lesson.

For my future lessons, I would like to figure out how to include unique activities that will get my students interested and curious about what the lesson will be about.  I absolutely love teaching English, but it's not easy to make it exciting!

Thank you to those that have presented your lessons.  I have learned far more than I thought I could from watching you present your ideas.  You are going to make fantastic teachers! 

Comments

  1. When I was in youth ministry, I always incorporated object lessons. This is the same here with unique visuals. The more visuals and the variety of ways to show the points of the lesson, the more apt the students are going to be able to understand them and be able to apply those concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel the same way with my lack of creativity. I tend to get into a pattern or routine.
    Elementary school seems to have a lot of engaging visuals. I just need to be more creative, think outside of the box, and maybe use similar ideas that would fit the upper level grades. I think you did a great job with having visuals though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your post. I have always been the creative type and typically do not struggle with coming up with different ideas for my lesson plans. However, planning out all the aspects of a lesson can take time and does tend to eat into the time you have to come up with a creative activity. It is easier either way if you have a collaboration of many minds; to help come up with engaging lesson plans. I have heard many teachers tell me, not to stress or be dissapointed if you use another teacher's idea for a lesson and to not think that you have to reinvent the wheel. I can definitely see the validity in their point. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you lesson plan creativity can be a hard thing sometimes! I always try to think about if I was a student would this be something that I would've liked. Sometimes that helps me think of new ideas. I agree with you I thought Susan's lesson was awesome and I loved all the visual aspects of it. I think that as teachers we can learn from other teachers and see things that have worked for them and things that didn't work so well and morph their lessons into something that is unique and tailored to our teaching abilities. It's great to learn from peers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment